Losing hair in a massive amount can be very hurtful but no worries this blog is here to help you.
What exactly PCOS is?
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) also known as PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease). PCOS is a hormonal disorder, which can also be described as hormonal imbalance occurs in women. PCOS is a very common and curable problem women faces. But there some symptoms of PCOS can be very annoying and hard to manage such as unstable menstruation cycle, excessive weight, excessive Hair Growth or Hair Loss. And yes PCOS can cause you severe hair loss.
Symptoms of hair fall from PCOS
The symptoms of hair loss from PCOS are:
- Huge amount of hair loss while combing or detangling hair.
- Hairline in the front decreases and increases the forehead baldness.
- Hair follicles become so weak which causes hair coming out in the form of strands while washing.
- Irregular menstrual cycle, anxiety, depression or obesity while having major hair loss.
- Dandruff causing dry and itchy scalp.
Why PCOS causes hair fall?
The hair fall from PCOS happens in women due to the high level of androgens (male’s hormone). The androgens level is very low in women as compared with males. The increment in the level of androgens blocks the hair follicles which produces thin hair and hair loss due to PCOS. The testosterones and androgens play a very important function in triggering puberty which encourages hair enlargement in places like pubic area and underarms. The female hormones are meant to control the level of androgens and maintain the hair growth but PCOS disturbs the hormone levels by increasing the androgens.
It is not mandatory that PCOS always cause hair fall issues but there can be some process in your body which can cause hair fall and with PCOS it becomes relentless which are:
- Gaining weight excessively and rapidly.
- High blood sugar levels can be a big reason for hair fall in PCOS. Insulin resistance occurs when cells in the body are enabling to convert glucose from blood.
- Disrupted discharge of hormones in the endocrine system.
- Interrupted mental health or psychological stress can cause hair fall.
Cure to hair fall from PCOS
The hair fall due to PCOS cannot grow back on its own but through right kind of treatments it can be cured, such as:
- Important things to care about in PCOS hair fall
Target your internal health issues which can be cured by you at home such as:
- Weight loss
- Mental Health
- Consume zinc
- Medical treatments
- There are so many OTC (over the counter) medications are available in the market nowadays such as Anti-androgen medicines or Metformin.
- You can go to the doctors and have professional treatment.
- Natural ways to cure PCOS hair fall
Use hair care products which are 100% natural and chemical free:
- Herbal and Natural shampoos
- Use Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
- Try Massage Therapy by massaging your scalp thoroughly
- You need to make some changes your routine, lifestyle and diet to maintain the balance in your hormones. To revive the growth of your hair and refresh them again the best thing to use is natural products.